My job requires me to work a rota which includes 2 weeks of days and 2 weeks of nights. More often than not I have to work night shifts and then remain up all day with Oliver due to my partner working and Oliver only being in Preschool twice a week. Here are my 10 signs of a sleep deprived mum who works night shifts!
1) Bedtime is a military operation as you are desperate for your child to be asleep before you leave for work
2) You gain the ability to still function after you've been awake for 48 hours
3) You become skilled at dosing during the day whilst still being aware of every movement that is going on around you
4) You tiptoe in quietly in the morning so you can sneak in to bed and catch an hour before the kids wake up.....
5) Then you see a pile of dishes and a load of laundry that needs doing and see to that instead!
6) Your kids are used to seeing you walk around in your pyjamas all day
7) You accidentally let your kids have ice cream for breakfast
8) You settle your kids in bed with a story and wake up the next morning in their bed with the book over your face
9) You never know what day of the week it is
10) You look for items at home that are actually based in your workplace and vice versa!