Pages

Tuesday, 2 June 2015

I'm Not Being Rude



I'm not being rude when I can't answer the phone or speak for longer than 2 minutes. I have a three year old. He is currently running rings round me and is in the biscuit tin for the 5th time this morning

Im not being rude when I answer the door to you in a onesie and unwashed hair. I have a three year old. It's taken me all morning to get him to have breakfast & get dressed before I can even contemplate sorting myself out....
And I forgot you were coming.

I'm not being rude when I can't keep track of your conversation & ask you to repeat yourself several times. I have a 3 year  old. I'm trying to potty train him through the night & have been up several times checking on him & changing bed sheets

I'm not being rude when I ask you to "hold that thought" mid conversation & leave the room for 5 minutes. I have a 3 year old. He has disappeared from my sight and I've just heard a gigantic bang

I'm not being rude when I cancel our arrangements to go for lunch. I have a three year old.  I can't take him to the types of places we used to go together before he came along. He's loud, impatient, bad tempered and hyperactive. We would only embarrass you

I'm not being rude when I bore you with stories of Breastfeeding, nappies, weaning and tantrums. I have a 3 year old. He is my life.

I'm not being rude when I interrupt our conversations and talk to my son instead. He is a three old. I am his life.

I'm not being rude. We have drifted apart. We have different interests now. I'm not the person I used to be. I may be back one day but not right now. I have a 3 year old. We are each others life.




10 comments:

  1. I can so relate to where you're at I have a one year old. Life changes fast when you have a child and its harder for others to accept this sometimes #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! And that's fine. We all change and grow and take our own paths. But I've felt guilty about this and realise now that actually, my priorities lie elsewhere these days and that's fine too! Thankyou for reading! :)

      Delete
  2. I can so relate to the events in this post! This is how it is when you are a mother and hopefully people will understand the changes and the current events in our life. #TwinklyTuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, hopefully they understand, although I think until you have children you don't have the full realisation of how much that little person consumes your life. I have some good friends though and they accept me as a mother which is great. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. True but it can be hard for non-parents to understand. Nice post. #twinklytuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree. I never understood it myself until I had my son. I don't think being a mum can be understood until you are one. Thankyou for reading!

      Delete
  4. I think this is a big part of the reason that parents gravitate towards other parent friends. They understand.

    Thanks for linking with #TwinklyTuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely! Most of my friends don't have children so I thinks it can be hard for them to understand, and I feel guilty, almost as if I've deserted them! But most of them understand and are really supportive of me as a mother. Thankyou for reading!

      Delete
  5. I can relate to all of these having a one year old too! Especially (sadly) the last one too - great post x #wineandboobs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes! It's so hard but your priorities change and you end up drifting. My best friend just sort of drifted away. We just couldn't relate anymore.

    ReplyDelete