2) If kids are tired, they will literally go to sleep anywhere...
....on the computer table
....on the floor
....on you...propped up by your back as you eat a meal.
3) Kids have tantrums. These can occur at any time and in any place. For ANY reason
....at home, because they took their own sock off
....in a shop, because you tried to pass them a toy off the shelf that wasn't in a ripped box
....outside, because you told them they couldn't eat 3 kinder eggs at once
...on a train, because you set off 2 whole minutes ago & hadn't reached your destination yet
4) Kids are extremely messy
...ironing & folding their clothes is pointless
...and you will quickly learn that certain items should be kept out of reach
....not that keeping things out of reach will deter them
5) If you wait until they are truly ready, potty training can be a walk in the park
...but teaching them to dress themselves may not be as simple
6) Kids like to copy adults, and can often be people pleasers. You can use this to your advantage in a number of ways
......like the dishes
...or perhaps the hoovering....
7) And despite the endless games of terrible hide and seek, falling asleep in random places, the tantrums, the mess and the potty training; as you sit back with a cup of tea and watch the little mites clean up (in a fashion), in their desperate attempts to be just like Mummy & Daddy, you'll reflect on how actually, these mini monsters aren't so bad after all...in fact they're really cute..adorable...they give great hugs...they smell amazing. The stresses of the day will melt away and you'll look at them adoringly...
....until they eat your subway sandwich